# User Interface Redesign:
In SolidWorks 2016 User Interface is redesigned for high-resolution, high-pixel density displays. Two icon color schemes are available, one with a limited palette of blue and gray, and the other with colors similar to the previous icon set for the most frequently used icons.
In addition, for toolbars, you can display Small, Medium, or Large buttons
- New Default Icon Style with Classic Icon Style Options:
- Changing Background
To change the background:
1. Click Options .
2. Select System Options > Colors.
3. For Background, select one of the following:
• Light (default)
• Medium Light
- Selection Breadcrumbs
Selection breadcrumbs are a context-based view of the current selection.
To move breadcrumbs to the pointer location, press D.
# SOLIDWORKS Fundamentals
- Expandable PropertyManager Input Boxes
- Visualization Tool for References: dynamic reference visualization
- 3D Printing Enhancements – Preview
To Display striation lines:
Click File > Print3D.
The default layer height is 0.3mm
# Installation and Administration
- Delete Accounts from the CAD Admin Dashboard View
- Deploying Installs by IP Addresses
The Administrative Image Option Editor allows administrators to deploy installation options
to machines based on IP addresses or IP address ranges.
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Managing Access to SOLIDWORKS Versions
- Products Included with SOLIDWORKS
The following products are now available in SOLIDWORKS Standard:
- SOLIDWORKS Utilities
The following products are now available in SOLIDWORKS Professional:
SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard is also included, but it is not licensed by SOLIDWORKS.
SOLIDWORKS Premium also includes Assembly Costing.
- SOLIDWORKS Rx
- Graphics Card Validation
- Record Extended Logging Data
- Simulation Test
- Troubleshooting Resources for Installation
When a product installation is unsuccessful, the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager
provides a link to troubleshooting solutions documented in the Customer Portal, Help,
and Knowledge Base.
- Upgrade Assistant:
Click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS <version> > SOLIDWORKS Tools > SOLIDWORKS Task Scheduler.
Then on the sidebar, click Upgrade Assistant.
Disclaimer: This article is for information only . Source: SolidWorks