Where is Print Configuration located in DraftSight?
1. Go to File > ‘Print Configuration Manager …’ (3 dots after name means dialog box will pop up )
2. On Model tab Right click and you will see following options . For sheets Right click on Sheet tab .
How to Use it?
1. When you click on Print Configuration Manager tab following dialog box will pop up .
2. Initially there will be Default Print Configuration . To create new Print Configuration Click on ‘+New…’ tab
3. New Print Configuration will be based on ‘Default’ Select it and click ‘Ok’ on dialog box.
next it will ask for ‘Save Print Configuration ‘ Location . You can save it to default location (C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DraftSight\…\Print Settings) on choose your preferred location. (I recommend to save it on default path)
4. Next Print dialog box will open . Here Select details of your Printer and paper size you want and then Click on ‘Save’ tab Notice here ‘Ok’ tab of Print dialog box is changed to ‘Save’ means it only saves your New print configuration details.
5. Your new Print Configuration will appear on ‘Print Configuration Manager…’ Select it > Activate it and Close Dialog box.
6. You can edit it by clicking on ‘Edit…’ tab if you miss some details or want to modify it.
7. If you have saved print configurations and want to use it instead of Creating new one then click on ‘Import…’ tab
8. CheckBox: Notice check box on ‘Print Configuration Manager…’ if you want this dialog box on creation of new Sheets then select it. It will pop up when you create new sheet and also when you click any Existing Sheet tabs first time .
9. Close: now close this dialog box and your New Print Configuration is ready for use.
10. use it for Print or Batch print .
Next Run Script >>
Featured Image by Salvatore Vuono.