The DraftSight API provides direct access to DraftSight functionality and allows you to create commands, add toolbars and menus, construct geometry, create and modify Dimensions, add custom data, export documents as different document types, print documents, and so on.
# Prerequisite to learn DraftSight API programming :
- You need to have some Basic knowledge of Programming
- You need DraftSight Premium version (Professional/Enterprise) .
- You need Microsoft Visual Studio IDE to edit, debug, build C++ Native, C#, VB, and C++ COM projects.
- For VBA Projects to Create, Open, edit, debug, and run script file in the SOLIDWORKS VBA Integrated Development Environment (IDE) or import in any Microsoft office product (Excel, Word,etc ).
# How can I Learn DraftSight API ?
- The quickest and Easiest way to explore DraftSight API is by Recording and playing Macros. Get yourself familiar with Macro Toolbar in DraftSight & Understand Macro code.
- Know How To Load API Sample Projects in DraftSight ?
- Understand How to use DraftSight API Help file.
- Learn from Examples in individual Help topics.
# DraftSight Type and Primary interop assemblies:
To add references to your projects you will need to know about DraftSight Type and Primary interop assemblies & where you can find them.
Note: install_dir path is C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\DraftSight
DraftSight Type Libraries:
DraftSight Primary interop assemblies:
<<< Back to DraftSight API page