In this post we are Publishing Vb.NET Console application ‘CO_DS_BlockCunt’
You are Free to Download this application.
As this is just a VB.Net Console Application created using Visual Studio Community edition There are chances that When you will run this exe then you might be prompted with following message. Click on ‘More info’
Then > Click ‘ Run anyway’
Note: Though we have tested this application successfully on our Windows 10 & 7 machines every user and their machine settings may cause uncertain issues. If you face any problem then please contact us or Send us mail on [email protected]
Disclaimer: ‘CadOasis Solutions’ is not responsible for any data loss or software issues caused by this application.
How ‘CO_DS_BlockCunt_V1.0’ Works ?
Extract and Place this Exe application anywhere on your Windows Machine. Double click on this file OR right click Run as Administrator.
DraftSight Drawing File with Blocks Should be Open .
1. Show Total Number of Block Entities in DraftSight Document
2. Delete Unused entities in DraftSight Document
3. Show total number of remaining Block Entities in DraftSight Drawing Document.
How to Use CadOasis BlockCount VB.Net Console Application ?
Open any Drawing file in DraftSight which contains some block entities or Open any DraftSight Example file from default path C:\ProgramData\Dassault Systemes\DraftSight\Examples OR Create any Drawing file and Place couple of blocks in it.
Step 1. Let’s say open ‘pump housing.dwg’ from Examples folder.
Step2. Check total blocks in this Drawing by running command: INSERTBLOCK and Open and check Block name drop down list. You will see that there are Total 65 (N0 to N64) Blocks in this Drawing . Now cancel Insert Block dialog box.
Step3. Now delete Some of the blocks inside this Drawing file as below. Even though we delete some Block entities they are present in the Drawing Document .
- CadOasis BlockCount will connect to DraftSight Active Document & Display Total Block Entities in pop up db.
- Click Ok on above Pop up.
- A Question alert will pop up asking your Confirmation before Cleaning All Unused Block Entities in this Drawing.
- If you Click ‘Yes’ then all Block Entities which are not in use will be deleted permanently. If you will Click No then you will Exit from Application.
- I will Click on ‘Yes’
- A Information pop up as above will pop up . Click Ok
- Finally Total Number of remaining Block Entities in this ‘pump housing.dwg’ count is shown.
Note: Your count may differ from my count depending upon how you delete Block entities with window selection in Step 3 above.
>>> Done <<<<
Try Now and Let us know your feedback. If you will face any problem or even want to change anything in this Console Application then Comment below: