Where is Batch Print ?
1. Go to File drop down list and Click on ‘Batch Print ‘ Tab
2. On Standard Tool Bar
3. From Command Line Type command as ‘BatchPrint’ (not case sensitive)
How Can I use it?
- When you first click on Batch Print tab you will get message as follows:
- Click Yes if you want to add current open Drawing to Batch Print .
- If you have not saved your Drawing file then following message will pop up .
- Clicking Ok will open following Dialog box of Batch Print but it won’t save your Drawing file. If you want to save your Drawing file then Click close on following dialog box and then Save your Drawing and run Batch print command again.
Tip: Batch print only works for Saved Print Configuration so first you need to assign Print Configuration to Model as well as Sheets also.
- So now if you have saved your Drawing file its time to first assign Print Configuration to model or Sheets you want to print with this. ( Read How to assign Print Configuration in DraftSight ? if you are not familiar with it. )
- 5. Now that you have assigned Print Configuration to Model You have multiple option on Batch print dialog box .
Batch Print tabs :
- ‘Add files…’ which have Print Configurations assigned.
- ‘Add Folder …’ : contains files that you want to Print .
- ‘ Import…’ : This tab will import Batch print List
- ‘Save…’ : Save Batch Print List
- ‘Remove Sheets’ : Select Sheets that you don’t want to print or don’t want to include in Batch Print Process and Remove from this tab.
- ‘Clear List’ : You can clear whole list by clicking on this tab.
Where are my output files ?
- Following location is default location for built-in-Printer(PDF,JPG, etx) output. You can ‘Browse…’ it and change its location as you want.
- Now that you are ready with everything click on ‘Start’ button . It will pop up message to save current Batch Print List. Click Yes if you want to save it and reuse it in future else click ‘No’
Once Batch print Process is started you will see it in notification status on Bottom Right Corner of DraftSight.
This will change when process will complete.
Now go and check on File output location if you have used build in Printer or go and check your printer 🙂
In case you face any Difficulty or want to know more about DraftSight then feel free to Contact me ! or comment on respective Posts.