Where is Zoom ?
- Run TOOLBARS command or Right click on Toolbars section and Click Toolbars.. and Click on Check box ‘Zoom’
Above Zoom Toolbar will appear on DraftSight window.
- You can access all Zoom options from Menu: View > Zoom. OR
- Run Command Zoom and Specify option.
How to use Zoom Options?
When following options are selected then Mouse pointer changes to respective icons.
1. Dynamic: You can Scroll mouse middle wheel forward and backward or Left Click inside GA and Drag to up to zoom in or down to zoom out.
Tip: While this command is running you can Press Middle mouse button to PAN simultaneously with zoom.
2. Center: Specify a center point for the view and Enter magnification value or height. A smaller value increases the magnification. A larger value decreases the magnification.
3. Factor: Zooming with scale factor. If scale factor number is followed by x then the scale is relative to the current view. If scale factor number followed by xp then the scale is relative to the sheet’s units
4. Previous: This shows last zoom operation used . DraftSight stores up to 10 previous zoom operations.
5. Selected: In the Graphics Area (GA) Select entities and view will zoom to fit the selected Entities.
6. Window: Specify window by Specifying First and opposite corner point . The selected part of Drawing with this window will be shown.
7. In & Out: With Zoom in Drawing view is enlarged. With Zoom out Drawing view is reduced.
8. Bounds: Zoom Bounds is similar to Zoom all.
9. Fit: Zoom to fit with current Drawing View. Zoom Fit ignores drawing bounds. Rebuild is recommended before zoom fit.
Where is PAN?
- Menu: View > PAN
- Run PAN Command
- To pan at specific distance from base Point run Command: -PAN
How to use it?
Following Options can be used from Menu View > Pan
When you run Pan command mouse cursor shows with Hand symbol. Left Click in GA and Drag it works like Dynamic pan in which you can pan View to any direction.
For PAN with Point select this option from List or run Command -PAN.
Specify base point or distance» Specify point or enter distance
Specify second point» Specify second point or Click in GA.
You can Specify pan to Specific direction such as Left , Right , Up and Down from this list.
Next Roll View & Animated Rendering >>
Featured image by Master isolated images from http://www.freedigitalphotos.net