SOLIDWORKS Product Data Management (PDM) – Previously Known as SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM !
SOLIDWORKS PDM is available from the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager. You can also use the Administrative Image Option Editor to create and deploy images of PDM clients.
SOLIDWORKS PDM uses a Microsoft SQL Server database to manage file vaults.
# Key Benefits:
- Securely store and index design data for fast retrieval.
- Eliminate concerns about version control and data loss.
- Share and collaborate on designs with people inside and outside the organization in multiple locations.
- Create an electronic workflow to formalize, manage, and optimize development, document approval, and engineering change processes.
SOLIDWORKS PDM is available in two types:
1. SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional
- For organizations large and small.
- If you install PDM Professional, you must obtain a full version of SQL Server.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional helps your team more easily find and repurpose files, parts, and drawings; share design information; automate workflows and ensure manufacturing always has the right version.
2. SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard
- For smaller workgroup environments in one geographic location.
- If you install PDM Standard, SOLIDWORKS installation provides a free version of Microsoft SQL
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard helps SOLIDWORKS and DraftSight users easily and efficiently organize and manage their data.
- EXALEAD OnePart helps engineers and designers decide between design creation or design reuse in just one min.
- EXALEAD OnePart is a business discovery application that accelerates reuse of parts, designs, specifications, standards, test results and related data for engineering, manufacturing, and procurement activities.
- Leveraging the proven web semantics, analytics, and big data management technologies of EXALEAD CloudView™, OnePart locates information from multiple sources and makes it available instantly.
[Featured Image SOLIDWORKS ]