This is the section I love most about any CAD Software which makes our life much more easy .
Get familiar with AutoCAD Tips and Tricks !
# General :
1. How to check Version number of AutoCAD ?
- Go to Help Menu and Click on ‘About Autodesk Autocad Version’ 🙂
2. Command Window On /Off :
- When you close your Command Line window then a message box pop up.
- But if accidentally you closed Command Line window and don’t remember how to get it back again then Press CTRL+9 🙂
3. Auto Save and Backup: AutoCAD allows you to save your files automatically by Enabling checkbox option to ‘Automatic save’. Also you can set time interval in minutes for Automatic save. Run Command OPTIONS > Open and Save > in ‘File safety Precautions’ section > Enable checkbox for ‘Automatic save’
4. Dynamic Input (F12):Turn on dynamic input to quickly input values and commands in Drawing Area instead of command line input. This is the section I love most about any CAD Software which makes our life much more easy
5. Hide and Show Layout and Model tabs:
Right click on Model or any Layout Tab and select option ‘Hide Layout and Model tabs’
Hidden Layout and Model tabs will go to Status bar. So to display them again Right click on Model or Layout icon in Status bar and select ‘Display Layout and Model tabs’
# 2. Edit:
- COPYBASE : If you want to Copy any entity with reference point then use command COPYBASE . Specify reference point and then Select entity to copy. When you will paste this copied entity then insertion point will be your reference point at the time of Copy. You can use keyboard Shortcut as CTRL+SHIFT+C (in DraftSight use COPY@)
# 3. Modify:
- Explode Text: You cannot explode Text or Note text by simple Explode command instead use Explodetext Command.
- Erase: Run Command > Select Entities and Now if you want to remove one or more entities from selection set of Erase then press SHIFT key and Click on that entity/entities
- Change: Use Change command to change the length of linear or curved entities and the included angle of Arcs. You can lengthen or shorten Lines, open PolyLines, Arcs, elliptical Arcs, and open Splines.
- Fillet all Corners of Rectangle or Poly line: Run Fillet command, Select radius option (R + Enter) >Specify Radius value & Enter > Select option Polyline(P+Enter),Select rectangle or Poly line. All Corners of Rectangle or poly line will be filleted.
- Chamfer all Corners of Rectangle or Poly line: Run Chamfer command, Select Distance option (D + Enter) >Specify First and Second distance (Input value & Enter) > Select option Polyline(P+Enter) then Select rectangle or Poly line. All Corners of Rectangle or poly line will be chamfered
- Previous Selection: If you want to use previously modified entity for next command then after run modify command type ‘P’ in command line and enter. It will select previously modified entity
- Last Selection: If you want to use Last Created entity for next command then after run modify command type ‘P’ in command line and enter. It will select Last created entity
- Temporary Point (tk) for inferencing :When you use modify command then and you need to find by inferencing reference point or line then you this shortcut ‘tp’ for trmporary point. Ex. While moving command:Run move command specify from point and then Specify destination» tk ; First temporary point (select point in GA) ; Next point (Press ENTER to end inferencing)
4. Polygon Selection method (WP & CP).
- Window Polygon: When you run modify command such as Move / Copy then at Specify entities>> type ‘wp’ and press enter command line prompt for first polygon point. Now draw selection based on window polygon.
- Crossing Polygon: When you run modify command such as Move / Copy then at Specify entities>> type ‘cp’ and press enter command line prompt for first polygon point. Now draw selection based on crossing polygon.
Also check AutoCAD References !
If you face any Problem while working with AutoCAD then Check AutoCAD Troubleshooting page.
If you want more information or face any problem then you can send us mail on firstname.lastname@example.org .